Just catching up a little on what I’ve been doing over on my Portland breakfast blog, BreakfastInBridgetown.
For one thing, I did a fun segment on a local podcast called In One Day Radio. You can listen to that here; I come on right around the 2:55 mark.
I’ve been working on the third edition of the the book, Breakfast in Bridgetown, and that means a lot of eating and a lot of writing. Some recent reviews include:
- Sen Yai Noodles, which serves Asian-style breakfast on SE Division.
- Another Asian option, Tasting East downtown.
- Several breakfast carts, including DC Vegetarian, Bridgetown Bagels, and Fried Egg I’m in Love.
- Korkage, a wine bar in Hillsboro with a nice little Sunday brunch.
- The iconic divey Roxy just off West Burnside; I took a 13-year-old there!
- The Lily Day Cafe, a sandwich place (for now) on SE Foster.
- Trinket, a new place on SE 39th
- And Ataula, a Spanish-style tapas place that was probably my “best Portland breakfast of 2013.”
You can read all the breakfast reviews I do here.
I also do my best to track Portland breakfast news, such as openings and closings. For example, in one news post I reported on gospel brunches, Polish brunches, and a new location for a popular French bakery.
Probably the best way to keep up with all my breakfast writings, plus all the hiking and travel and spirituality stuff I do here, is to subscribe to my Breakfast Bulletin newsletter.
Okay, I’ll see you at the tables!